BIBLICAL INSPIRATION

Let each one of us make it a practice to please (make happy) his neighbour for his good for his true welfare, to edify him [to strengthen him and build him up spiritually]. Rom 15:2 (Amplified Bible)

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Keep fellowshipping

Hi Christoggers!

It's that time of year when, try as one may, colds and coughs are not so easy to avoid, particularly when working with young children. The flu got me this time and I feel as if I'm living in a strange body!

My throat is quite sore and with my head feels so heavy, I just want to go to bed and stay there! In spite of all of these, there is a relationship that has to be maintained and a fellowship that must not be broken. Bible reading and praying the usual way may not be possible but thank God for his omnipresence and also for modern technology - where there's a will, there's a way!

I would have felt guilty about not being able to fellowship in the way I'm used to but with an audio bible, I thank God that I can still feed my spirit with his Word. Praying has taken a different turn; I seem to pray shorter and more frequently because I am too worn out from the flu to pray longer. Smith Wigglesworth was reported to have said that he did not pray long prayers but frequent prayers - maybe this pattern of prayer is also worth giving a try.

My God is not deaf and even when my singing is just whispering or in my heart, I believe he still hears me! 

Whatever situation we may find ourselves in, we must try and keep the communication lines with our Lord open - a little is better than none. My spirit is still lifted up by his Word and his grace continues to abound to me.

I leave you in God's special care; though this week's article is short, I hope it still touches your heart. Till next week, by the special grace that keeps us, keep on walking in Christ.

Yorz-in-Christ,
Lahyorz

P.S. If this article has blessed you, do share it with others.


No comments:

Post a Comment