Wednesday, 28 November 2012

That faith talk

Hi Christoggers!

My desire to know the details or depth of things can surely be confirmed by my doctor. I am not in the medical line but my doctor is used to my mini interrogation ;-) as to why a particular drug has been prescribed for me and not another! I also always like to know, strange as it may sound, if I could do without the drug - perhaps I could take up another form of treatment. It's not that I do not trust my doctor but he is human and we as human beings make mistakes. I just would like to ensure that I am not being used as a guinea pig because at the end of the day, it's my body and my life!

The Word of God says that 'my people perish for lack of knowledge'. We are also told that we shall know the truth and this truth shall set us free - free from the ignorance that kills us! In the book of Ephesians, chapter 1 and verses 17 to 20, this scripture explains why we need spiritual wisdom and understanding. Our increase or growth in the knowledge of God, as well as our understanding of his promises, our inheritance and the greatness of his power in and for us, are all we gain. Why are these so important? The more we know about God, the more we know him, the more confident we are in him and thus, the more unlikely we are to be 'tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming' (Ephesians 4:14). We consequently become not only grounded in the Word of God but also anchored to it. In other words, our faith becomes strong.

It was this knowledge that brought me to one conclusion - the only way the devil can destroy us is to destroy our faith! Yes, we go through diffficulties but we are able, through the special grace of God, to rise up again. Since God cannot work in or for us without our faith, this 'shield' is what the enemy attacks! In Ephesians 6:16, the bible tells us that we will need FAITH as our shield to 'quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked one.'

In the same chapter, verses 13 - 17, the armour of God which we are expected to put on is made up of six parts: truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation and the sword of the Spirit. The truth is the Word of God which is unchangeable, even in dire circumstances! The righteousness is that imputed unto us by simply believing in what Jesus did - descending from deity, dying as a human, conquerring death and reconciling us to God. Peace is also imputed unto us; salvation was won for us and the sword, the Word of God, has an intrinsic power of it's own with which to act. All of these 'armour parts' are God-given, directly or indirectly and therefore sustained by him. FAITH however, is the only which is from within us and thus subject to destruction! This is why our faith is what the enemy targets.
Our faith is therefore what we must continuously build up and strengthen because with it, mountains of hindrance to our destinies can be cast into the sea. Keep your 'faith muscles' working out so you can keep the devil out! Till next week, keep on walking in Christ.

Yorz-in-Christ,
Lahyorz

P.S. If this article has blessed you, do share it with someone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Layhorz in Christ,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Like you, I'm always questioning my doctor and looking for ways to avoid taking medication even though I'm in the medical field and have to encourage my patients to take theirs. I agree with what you said about faith. The Bible says we must build ourselves up in the most holy faith. We can do that through the help of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete