BIBLICAL INSPIRATION

Let each one of us make it a practice to please (make happy) his neighbour for his good for his true welfare, to edify him [to strengthen him and build him up spiritually]. Rom 15:2 (Amplified Bible)

Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Come Lord Jesus - but not yet!

Hi Christoggers!

I can't believe that we are now approaching the end of another year - where did the months go? It is a common thing for us to look forward to good things - a wedding, a new baby, a new car, a new house, a new job... and even the return of our Lord or is it? 

One thing christians seem to shout about is the coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ. In the last chapter of the book of Revelation, I would usually read up to verse sixteen and skip the seventeenth verse. I would then continue up to the nineteenth verse, skip the second part of verse twenty and then read the last verse. This sounds a bit strange, I know! Let us first of all take a look at these verses from the New International Version (NIV): 

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

I have highlighted the parts I prefer not to read in green. Have you noticed what these say? Don't misunderstand me: I do look forward to the coming of the Lord but I do not want it to happen JUST yet! In Colossians 1:22, God wants to  ...present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.

My problem is this: if the beginning of the year were to be the time of Christ's return, would I be ready? Would you be ready? The above scripture clearly tells us how the church, (that's US!), should be - holy and without blemish or 'faultless'. I don't know about you but I am still a long way from being 'without blemish'! My flesh is still in it's dying process and oh man, is that a battle!

The 'little foxes' like anger, unforgiveness and impure thoughts, (and these DO NOT have to be sexual but could be as simple as 'unpleasant' thoughts about someone), do have their strongholds in our lives. Of course, it would be much easier if we knew exactly when Jesus were coming back; we would all have a week of fasting just to cleanse and prepare! Since this is not the case, I would truly appreciate a little more time to get unto and stay on the right track. This of course includes being on my destiny pathway so that Jesus finds me busy in MY PURPOSE and not in that of others!

No, I do not expect to be perfect but to be so transformed that what still needs to be taken to the 'workshop' of renewal and transformation is almost nothing! As we come to the end of 2012, I pray for us all, to have the wisdom to ...throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles (Hebrews 12:1a). As we, by the special grace of God, have the privilege to begin the 2013, ...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith (Hebrews 12:1b) 

I wish you all, a 'fruitful' 2013 in your God-given PURPOSE!

Yorz-in-Christ,
Lahyorz

P.S. If this article has blessed you, do share it with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment