BIBLICAL INSPIRATION

Let each one of us make it a practice to please (make happy) his neighbour for his good for his true welfare, to edify him [to strengthen him and build him up spiritually]. Rom 15:2 (Amplified Bible)

Wednesday, 19 December 2012

REFLECTIONS 2: Transformed by the Word

Hi Christoggers!
 
As the year draws to an end, I thought it would be a good time to write another 'REFLECTIONS' article, where I summarize my 'growth' as a christian. Simply put, it's about what I have learnt 'so far'. The first 'REFLECTIONS' article can be found here.

I have always heard
about God but the more I read my bible, the more I get to know him personally. The more revelation of him that I have, the more I desire to know. I am aware that my thoughts are now more reflective of what the Word says and consequentially, this mind renewal has affected my desires. In other words, the more time I spend with God, the more I develop a taste for what he likes and wants. This is much better explained in Philipians 2:13 where it begins by letting me know that this change of taste is not my doing because I am not capable of changing without help! It goes further to let me know that it is God, (and God and his Word are one):

Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure
and satisfaction and delight.

I love this version of the Amplified Bible because it says so much to me. The power that is needed, as well as the desire to conform or be in harmony with God and also to do the work God wants done are all from God! All the crying and desperate prayers about pleasing God were therefore not necessary! The more I got in the Word, the more the Word took hold of me and my desire to do what pleases God increased. I now fully understand what Psalm 37:4 means:
  
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.

Since the Lord is the one who gives me these desires in the first place, I am assured of getting them, even the ones hidden in the secrecy of my heart, as long as I take great pleasure or delight myself in God.

As these desires fill my mind, I begin to get images of 'how things could be'. I see things in my mind's eyes and start making plans in my head and all the while asking God to give me a vision for my purpose! I believe this is where a VISION BOARD comes in - a pictorial display of one's desires. When all of these ideas are put down unto paper, I will be doing something similar to what God told Habakkuk to do in the second chapter and third verse of this biblical book:

Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets hat everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by.

 I believe that when I have this visually before me, (and it does not matter if it seems impossible!), I shall be ready to act according to Psalm 37:5.

Commit your way  to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.

Last but not least, exactly how all of my plans will be achieved can be found in Psalm 37:23 which says:

The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step].

Is it not wonderful to find answers to questions as well as solutons to problems in God  - the never-changing WORD?

I thank the Lord for this wonderful ending to 2012! I know that when I go through tests and trials, the Word comforts and gives me reassurance that ALL IS WELL. It is a blessing to also know that I can rely on the Word for guidance and instruction.

I WISH YOU ALL A VERY BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND AN EVEN MORE BLESSED AND PEACEFUL 2013!

Yorz-in-Christ,
Lahyorz

P.S. If this article has blessed you, do share it with someone.



No comments:

Post a Comment