BIBLICAL INSPIRATION

Let each one of us make it a practice to please (make happy) his neighbour for his good for his true welfare, to edify him [to strengthen him and build him up spiritually]. Rom 15:2 (Amplified Bible)

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

A moment of praise

Hi Christoggers!

This is going to sound like a cliché but I can testify to the fact, that when I do think of the goodness of God, I feel like shouting! I must confess that I mostly do weep; it is amazing to me, that I could be accepted as I am and loved more than I could ever imagine, without a reason!

It is one thing to have the need to be loved and another, to be lavished by love that is undeserved and that cannot really be reciprocated. I am so grateful that God is slow to anger and bears no grudges but keeps on loving us even when we mess up!

He knew me before he formed me... before the foundation of the world... Incredible! It is almost incomprehensible for the human mind. The Word of God builds my faith but what has cemented and strengthened it, is the realisation that this Word is true! What does it take to be so loved and never stop being loved - no matter what? It takes the heart of a King - the King of kings. It takes a heart infused with agape love - unconditional, unchanging and a pre-determined will that is not moved by emotion or feelings. It takes a King who would rather step out of 'timeless eternity' and down unto sinful earth, just in time to secure eternity for his children. Romans 5:6 tells us that

While we were yet in weakness [powerless to help ourselves], at the fitting time Christ died for (in behalf of) the ungodly. (Amplified Bible)

Had we been deserving of this favour, it would still have been too much. Romans 5:7-8 stresses the fact that we were accepted even though we were unacceptable:

Now it is an extraordinary thing for one to give his life even for an upright man, though perhaps for a noble and lovable and generous benefactor someone might even dare to die.
 But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us. (Amplified Bible)

Oh, what a God; oh, what a lover! I can therefore joyfully declare as in Psalm 63:3-4

Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. So will I bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. (Amplified Bible)

When exactly do I begin? How shall this praise be? 

I will awake right early [I will awaken the dawn]!  I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations - Psalm 57:8b-9 (Amplified Bible)

God deserves our highest praise and that simply means, our deep and heartfelt praise. It is a little token of appreciation for his unfailing love and faithfulness. So, every now and then, when you look up to the sky or look around you, just smile and say, "Thank-you Lord for loving me like no one else could!"
.............................................................................................................................
PRAYER:
I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name. (Psalm 138:2b) New Living Translation
.............................................................................................................................

Till next week, keep on walking in Christ.

Yorz-in-Christ,
Lahyorz

2 comments:

  1. Oh how He loves us! His mind is full of us, we are inscribed, tattooed in His palm, we are the apple of His eye, what a love!!!
    Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Ugochi! Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete