Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Faith Ahoy!

Hi Christoggers!

Years ago, if one had been found talking to one's self, it would have been considered being 'sick-in-the-head'! Someone would definitely have called in the psychiatric doctor to try and confirm it! We listen to a lot of information that is being continually fed to us and take in almost all of it. That is not such a bad thing if a high percentage of it did not have a negative influence on us.

What would happen if we spoke to ourselves as often as others speak to us? Yes, I know, that would be a lot of talking! How about even a quarter or a tenth as much? If, instead of grumbling and complaining, we spoke encouraging words out loud to ourselves, what do you think the impact on our lives would be? Faith, as we all now know, comes by hearing. We also know that it is the Word of God that we hear but we seem to have restricted the sources form which this Word is received. Pastors and evangelists are not the only sources; we too can also speak into our lives loudly and clearly! No, I do not mean during our prayer time - that is when we communicate with God. I mean that we literally speak to the situations in our lives in the name of Jesus.

It is one thing to pray and say for example, "Father, I thank you that by the stripes that wounded Jesus, I am healed of this infirmity". It is another to speak to the infirmity: "In the name of Jesus and by the healing power in his blood, I command every infirmity in my body to be healed." It is one thing to pray, "Lord, I thank you for providing for my needs according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus." However, when those needs are slow in coming, it's time to draw attention to the force of faith and shout - Faith Ahoy

Our faith must be exercised so that it can develop because faith without works is really no faith. God does not need to be 'worked on' but we, the ones in the earthen vessels, are in need of transformation. So, we put the greatest transformer, the Word of God to work on our minds and our circumstances. When we pray to God, we speak from a position of humility and make our requests known, reminding and thanking him for his promises. However, when we train our minds and speak to situations that contradict the Word of God, we speak from a position of authority. Jesus said that when we have faith, even mountains would shift at our commandSo, if we needed to speak to insufficiency in our lives, we would then say, as an example: "My God supplies my every need so every situation of lack in my life, I take authority over you in the name of Jesus and from now on, you have no place in my life!

I have begun to put this into practice to re-enforce what the Word of God says about my life. It felt like an energy booster! Of course, it's like medication that has to be taken ('done') regularly and I'm already feeling the effect - a boost in my faith!
.........................................................................................
Dear Lord, I believe that your Word is truth. As I pronounce this Word over my life, let it's power be released to back it up, Amen. 
.........................................................................................
Till next week, keep walking in Christ.

Yorz-in-Christ,
Lahyorz

2 comments:

  1. Faith comes by hearing... as we hear ourselves speak the word it releases power and boldness and leads us to take bold steps in faith or receive the promise of God's word. Thanks for this great reminder to speak the word to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right, Ugochi! It's about time we not only listen but 'hear' what we profess over our lives. When we 'hear' the truth, it is really mind-blowing. Thanks for sharing. Stay blessed!

      Delete