Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Dear Father...

Hi Christoggers!

I went shopping today and because the weather was so nice, my state of mind was different :-)). I was calm and cool as I soaked in the atmosphere and felt good about myself. Everything seemed to be much brighter and full of life and it got me thinking:  What is it about God that has made my life better?

Sometimes, I am too busy asking, pleading etc., that I forget how far I have come or rather, how far God has brought me. Yes, I do say 'Thank-you" but I wondered what it would be like to write God a letter - just as if I were talking with him. So, this week, I would like to share my letter with you:

Dear Father,
                 I just thought it would be nice to write to you, even though I talk to you everyday! I appreciate you for all you are, Father. It has taken me a long time to even begin to understand you, much less than I needed to understand myself! I know you have had to put up with so much and I thank you for not giving up on me.

I have come to realise that the value of life depends on whom one shares the journey with. I am indebted to you for committing yourself to accompany me on my life's journey. I thank you for being the patient listener to all my complaints, the unseen eyes that watch over me, the unheard voice silencing my storms, the peace within that destroys my fears, the impenetrable wall that shields my life, the song of joy always on my lips, the mighty Word building my faith, the Spirit in me directing my paths, the Blood that speaks of unending mercy and the God of love, I can't stop loving.

My heartfelt gratitude, though of little worth, together with my life, are both now yours. Love loving you, Father. Many thanks for being the best!

With much love
XXX

.........................................................................................

Why don't you try writing your own letter to your heavenly Father?

.........................................................................................

Till next week, keep on walking in Christ.

Yorz-in-Chirst,

Lahyorz

 

2 comments: